About Taryn Q.
DEVOTED TUTOR PASSIONATE ABOUT ENGAGING, MOVEMENT-BASED LEARNING
Hi! My name is Taryn, and I am so excited at the prospect of working with your young learner! I currently teach first grade in MCPS, and prior to that, taught both second grade in MCPS and preschool in Denmark. I believe relationships are the key to unlocking students’ potentials, and after that, I truly value engagement (whatever that may entail). Learning looks different for every child, and I believe it is an educator’s responsibility to empower and facilitate a love of learning! Because of this, each of my tutoring sessions may look different. I want to learn about your child’s interests and incorporate that into components of my instruction. I also wholeheartedly believe in the power of movement as well as multi-sensory approaches to teaching (content should be accessible to all). Whether we are jumping through hula hoops to practice phoneme segmentation or measuring our feet with math manipulatives to harness our skills of measurement, I will always do my very best to adapt my instruction, cultivate enthusiasm, and provide your child with rigorous, meaningful learning opportunities. I hope to talk to you soon!
75 per hour
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :4
- Educational History: Education Qualification: graduate Undergraduate College: University of Maryland Undergraduate Major: Psychology Graduate College: University of Maryland Graduate Type Of Degree: Master of Education (Elementary Education)
- What student tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s interests - what do they like to do outside of school?
- Student’s grade/age
- Preferred Age Group:
- Elementary K-5
- Hourly Rate: $75
- TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS
- Students Location
- Location I Select
- TUTOR PREFERS Accept Payment Method
- Cash on Site
- Check on Site