About Randy S.
Experienced Special Education Teacher/Tutor
All children thrive in a one-on-one relationship with a trusted and nurturing adult. The satisfaction gained through watching an individual child blossom with extra, carefully targeted attention, is incomparable. Through a combination of phonics, sight words and context, I have been successful in teaching dozens of students to read over the course of my career. Developing underlying math concepts, in combination with accommodating basic rote skills, has worked well in developing math confidence and competence. Working cooperatively with parents and school staff is beneficial in helping students acquire organization and executive functioning skills.
$100 per hour
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :38
- Educational History: Education Qualification: graduate Undergraduate College: Penn State University Undergraduate Major: Special Education Graduate College: Gannon University, Erie PA Graduate Type Of Degree: Guidance counseling Second Graduate College: Villa Maria University, Erie PA Second Graduate Type Of Degree: Elementary Education
- What student tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s interests - what do they like to do outside of school?
- Student’s grade/age
- Preferred Age Group:
- Elementary K-5
- Middle 6-8
- Hourly Rate: $$100
- TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS
- Location I Select
- TUTOR PREFERS Accept Payment Method
- Cash on Site
- Check on Site