About Nicole H.
“Study the past if you would define the future.” - Confucius
Hello perspective students, my name is Ms. Holladay and history is my jam! In two years of teaching I have taught World History, IB History, IB Psychology and Psychology. I love studying history but I understand that not everyone has the same passion for the past, so my job is to make history accessible to everyone. My goal as an educator, whether in a classroom or tutoring session, is to help open up the world of the past to students so that they can understand the contemporary cultural, social and political conditions of our global community. I love nothing more than weaving historical tales but my typical lessons center on guiding students through their own historical investigations and giving them the tools to be historical thinkers… the message is so much more meaningful when they discover it themselves.
$50 per hour
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :2
- Educational History: Education Qualification: undergraduate Undergraduate College: Appalachian State University Undergraduate Major: Public History; Secondary Social Studies Education Graduate College: n/a Second Graduate College: n/a
- What student tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s interests - what do they like to do outside of school?
- Student’s grade/age
- Preferred Age Group:
- Middle 6-8
- High 9-12
- Hourly Rate: $$50
- TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS :
- Students Location
- Online (Google Hangout
- TUTOR PREFERS Accept Payment Method :
- Cash on Site
- Check on Site