About Michelle Q.
Bridge to Russian or Help with English
I have been teaching Russian and English for 30 years. My certifications are for Grades 7-12 in each subject in Maryland. I have also completed the AP Summer Institute for AP Literature.
For Russian, I work at the student’s pace and use the UCLA series: Beginner’s Russian, V Puti, and Russian for Russians. Depending on the student’s skills, we can move from Beginning to Intermediate Level Russian in about 60 hours. I am accustomed to reporting progress and tracking completion hours for private schools. I also prepare students for the National Examination of World Languages in Russian (NEWL).
For English, I have been teaching for 19 years and am familiar with the Common Tasks in Grades 9 and 11 for Montgomery County. I specialize in teaching persuasive writing, reading strategies, and in creating narratives.
50 - 65 per hour
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :30
- Educational History: Education Qualification: graduate Undergraduate College: Florida State University Undergraduate Major: Russian Graduate College: University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana Graduate Type Of Degree: Master of Arts _ Slavic Languages and Literatures Second Graduate College: Johns Hopkins University Second Graduate Type Of Degree: Master of Arts in Teaching - Secondary English
- What student tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s interests - what do they like to do outside of school?
- Preferred Age Group:
- Middle 6-8
- High 9-12
- Hourly Rate: $50 - 65
- TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS :
- Students Location
- TUTOR PREFERS Accept Payment Method :