My name is Michele Cabrera and I am a certified teacher. I am 42-years old, and after teaching in Maryland as an elementary teacher, I have decided to focus more time tutoring one-on-one or in small groups to help students who need more individualized support or subject-matter enrichment. There are such diverse learning needs and abilities throughout all grades in our State that I want to provide more students with the individualized teaching that they need and deserve.
I have taught elementary math, reading, writing, handwriting, and science; and, throughout the years, I have created lessons, projects, experiments, and activities that encourage curiosity, critical thinking, problem-solving, teamwork and growing independence. I have also served on my last school’s STEM Committee and am proud that we completed the process to become a STEM-certified school. I also founded that school’s environment club, served as an assistant coach for Girls on the Run in 2017, and served as a moderator on the Design and Build Club. I have two middle school children (6th & 8th graders) of my own and have helped support their academic needs over the years as well. I am confident that I could also help students in the middle school grades, specifically in language arts and strengthening students’ writing skills (which are critical skills cross-curricular). I also enjoy spending time with my husband, our dog, and our family and friends.
Prior to becoming a teacher, I was a Maryland and D.C. attorney for over 10 years, during which time I served as a court-appointed mentor to newly admitted attorneys and as a court-appointed child-advocate. I retired from the practice of law to pursue my passion for teaching and I haven’t looked back since!
65 per hour
- Address: Maryland
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :8
- Educational History: Education Qualification: doctorate Undergraduate College: James Madison University Undergraduate Major: Political Science Graduate College: Columbus School of Law Graduate Type Of Degree: Juris Doctor Second Graduate College: Notre Dame of Maryland University Second Graduate Type Of Degree: Teaching certification
What tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Hourly Rate: $65
TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS
Tutor prefers the following payment methods:
- Primary (Kindergarten- Grade 2)
- Upper Elementary (Grades 3-5)
- Middle School (Grades 6-8)