Hi, my name is Melissa Scotto, “Miss Melissa” to my students. I am currently a K-5 special education teacher, and I am a proud graduate of Johns Hopkins University, go Blue Jays!
I am a certified reading specialist, an intervention specialist with training in the Orton Gillingham method, in addition to being a special education teacher in MCPS. Through my experience I have acquired knowledge and understanding of the standards-based curriculum that students are challenged with every day and have created various ways to meet the needs of my students.
With over 13 years of professional experience working with children, I truly enjoy making learning accessible for all of my young learners. I will work with your student to help figure out their own unique learning styles and find out what works best to help them succeed!
80-100 per hour
- Address: Maryland
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :13
- Educational History: Education Qualification: undergraduate Undergraduate College: Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania Undergraduate Major: Special education, elementary education, ESOL Graduate College: Johns Hopkins University Graduate Type Of Degree: Masters of Science in Reading
What tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s interests - what do they like to do outside of school?
- Student’s grade/age
- Hourly Rate: $80-100
TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS
- Students Location
- Location I Select
Tutor prefers the following payment methods:
- Primary (Kindergarten- Grade 2)
- Upper Elementary (Grades 3-5)