Help your child catch up or even get ahead! Is your child struggling or behind in reading? Working with a specialist with Orton-Gillingham training, is the BEST way to go! I have been teaching for over 20 years with MCPS. My certifications are in the following areas: reading specialist, early childhood education, elementary education, and ESOL. I love working with students one on one; helping them to reach their fullest potential.
As a certified reading specialist, intervention specialist, and ESOL teacher in MCPS, My experience has given me an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the standards-based curriculum that students are challenged with every day. I understand and appreciate that students have different learning styles. I have strategies that make learning fun and meet the different needs of my students.
I work with many students who have 504 plans or IEPs. Organizational skills and study skill strategies are apart of my specialty with my students. Success begins with good organizational skills. Let me help your student get an edge!
85-100 per hour
- Address: Maryland
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :20
- Educational History: Education Qualification: undergraduate Undergraduate College: University of Maryland Undergraduate Major: Early Childhood Education Graduate College: The Johns Hopkins University Graduate Type Of Degree: M.S, Ed. Reading
What tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s interests - what do they like to do outside of school?
- Student’s grade/age
- Hourly Rate: $85-100
TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS
- Location I Select
Tutor prefers the following payment methods:
- Primary (Kindergarten- Grade 2)
- Upper Elementary (Grades 3-5)