About Karen S.
Experienced Reading Specialist Trained in the methodologies of Orton-Gillingham
I have been a Reading Specialist in MCPS for 24 years. Prior to working in MCPS, I taught first and second students. Recently, I was trained in the methodologies of Orton-Gillingham which is a multi-sensory approach to teaching reading. I enjoy working with students and fostering the love of reading and writing. I have witnessed the benefits of individualized instruction and the impact it has on the confidence of a child as they grow as a learner.
$90 per hour
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :34
- Educational History: Education Qualification: graduate Undergraduate College: Pennsylvania State University Undergraduate Major: Elementary & Early Childhood Education Graduate College: Marywood University Graduate Type Of Degree: Reading Education Second Graduate College: Hood College Second Graduate Type Of Degree: A & S Certification: Leadership
- What student tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s interests - what do they like to do outside of school?
- Student’s grade/age
- Preferred Age Group:
- Elementary K-5
- Hourly Rate: $$90
- TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS
- Students Location
- Location I Select
- TUTOR PREFERS Accept Payment Method
- Cash on Site
- Check on Site