As an alum of MCPS, I was excited to begin my teaching career in the area five years ago. I graduated from Rhodes College with a BA in Political Science and Education, and moved back to to the DMV to earn my Masters of Arts in Teaching, with a focus on Elementary Education, from American University. I believe that learning should be fun, and find creative ways to engage students in subject studies. As a team leader in my school, I have studied and planned curriculum, supervised student teachers as they become educators, and worked with students, families, and colleagues to create a collaborative learning community. Outside of school, I coach swimming and find that many of my teaching skills and strategies transfer from the classroom to the pool deck. I look forward to working with your family to support your student’s learning.
80/hour per hour
- Address: Maryland 20852
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :5
- Educational History: Education Qualification: graduate Undergraduate College: Rhodes College Undergraduate Major: Political Science Graduate College: American University Graduate Type Of Degree: Masters of Arts in Teaching- Elementary Education Second Graduate College: American University Second Graduate Type Of Degree: MAT- Elementary Education
What tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s interests - what do they like to do outside of school?
- Student’s grade/age
- Hourly Rate: $80/hour
TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS
- Students Location
Tutor prefers the following payment methods:
- Primary (Kindergarten- Grade 2)
- Upper Elementary (Grades 3-5)