Hi! My name is Emily Baty and I am currently working as an elementary ESOL teacher in MCPS. This is my third year in the county and my tenth year of teaching ESOL. I graduated from University of Maryland in 2008 with a Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and worked as a long term sub in third grade before getting certified to teach ESOL. I graduated from Concordia University in 2015 with a Master’s degree in curriculum and instruction with an emphasis on ESOL. I value continuing education and I am currently working on earning my +60 through the University of La Verne. I have taken coursework that has earned me a certificate in inclusive classroom teaching and another one on teaching in a multi-cultural classroom.
In my ten years of teaching I have worked with pre-k through fourth grade and I currently teach at a pre-k through 2 school, which I love! I teach all subject areas and I especially love teaching math. I am lucky enough to be able to work with students in small groups and sometimes even one on one. I love the growth you see when working with a child so closely and I think tutoring is a such a great resource for that reason. Children can get the individualized attention they need that may not be available in the general education classroom.
My husband and I just bought a house in Silver Spring and I teach in the area as well. I may be new to tutoring, but I have all the resources I will need readily available and I look forward to using my teaching experience to guide me. I am easy to reach via email or phone and I look forward to working with your child to help them meet their goals and foster a love for learning.
$65/hr per hour
- Address: MD 20904
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :10
- Educational History: Education Qualification: graduate Undergraduate College: University of Maryland Undergraduate Major: Elementary Education Graduate College: Concordia University Graduate Type Of Degree: Master's in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in ESOL Second Graduate College: None
What tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s interests - what do they like to do outside of school?
- Student’s grade/age
- Hourly Rate: $$65/hr
TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS
- Students Location
Tutor prefers the following payment methods:
- Primary (Kindergarten- Grade 2)
- Upper Elementary (Grades 3-5)