About Me: I am currently a 4th grade teacher in Kensington, Maryland. I enjoy working with elementary students of all ages, helping them gain confidence in reading, writing, and math over the summer so they can start the new school year feeling successful.
Experience: I have been teaching for 8 years: 6 years teaching first grade and 2 years teaching fourth grade. I have taught all different reading levels, from beginners through grade 5. I have experience teaching guided reading using Jan Richardson’s model, MCPS Curriculum 2.0, and Ready Common Core. I also enjoy teaching math through the use of hands on opportunities, math discourse, and working through real-life complex problems.
Availability: I live in the Silver Spring/Wheaton area. I am available throughout the summer months to tutor anytime after 2 pm during the week. I can meet at your home, or a central location, such as a library.
60 per hour
- Address: MD 20902
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :8
- Educational History: Education Qualification: undergraduate Undergraduate College: University of Maryland, College Park Undergraduate Major: Elementary Education Graduate College: McDaniel College Graduate Type Of Degree: Elementary Education, Emphasis in Leadership Second Graduate College: McDaniel College Second Graduate Type Of Degree: Teaching for Equity Certificate
What tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s grade/age
- Hourly Rate: $60
TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS
- Students Location
Tutor prefers the following payment methods:
- Primary (Kindergarten- Grade 2)
- Upper Elementary (Grades 3-5)