About Curtis H.
High School Math Tutor
I have 19 years of experience as a public school teacher and have been teaching at Winston Churchill High School for the past 12 years. I currently teach Algebra 2 and Multivariable Calculus, and I have taught most of the MCPS courses at all levels (i.e., on-level, honors, AP, supported). Most of the students I tutored last year were in Algebra 2 at public and private high schools, and they have asked me to continue working with them in Pre-calculus. I have also tutored college students taking Introductory Statistics an remedial math.
Many of my current clients have learning differences and achieve significant improvement in math performance and understanding. In addition to identifying gaps in foundational skills and preparing students for math assessments, I enjoy coaching students on strategies to deal with anxiety, self-advocacy and course placement.
80/100 per hour
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :19
- Educational History: Education Qualification: graduate Undergraduate College: Brigham Young University Undergraduate Major: Economics (Math and Statistics Minors) Graduate College: University of California, Irvine Graduate Type Of Degree: MS Social Sciences (Mathematical Modeling in Hearing Perception Research) Second Graduate College: None
- What student tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s interests - what do they like to do outside of school?
- Student’s grade/age
- Preferred Age Group:
- Middle 6-8
- High 9-12
- Hourly Rate: $80/100
- TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS
- Students Location
- Location I Select
- TUTOR PREFERS Accept Payment Method
- Cash on Site
- Check on Site