My name is Casey McCarthy and I am a first grade teacher in Montgomery County Public Schools. I received my Bachelor’s degree from Western Michigan University, in elementary education, with an early childhood endorsement. I then went on to receive my Master’s degree, from Walden University, in elementary education.
I am currently certified to teach pre-k through 6th grade. I spent the first 4 years of my career teaching first grade in Michigan, and I am now in my 8th year of teaching, and my 4th year with MCPS.
I truly love teaching and seeing the amazing growth that my students make. I enjoy getting to know my students and tailoring my teaching to meet their individual needs. Tutoring is the perfect way to provide students with the opportunity to have their needs met in the way that best suits their learning style. With one on one tailored instruction, students are provided with an optimal learning environment, where they can find academic success and gain confidence in themselves as learners.
75 per hour
- Address: Maryland 20832
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :8
- Educational History: Education Qualification: graduate Undergraduate College: Western Michigan University Undergraduate Major: Elementary Education with an Early Childhood Endorsement Graduate College: Walden University Graduate Type Of Degree: Elementary Education
What tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s interests - what do they like to do outside of school?
- Student’s grade/age
- Hourly Rate: $75
TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS
- Students Location
Tutor prefers the following payment methods:
- Primary (Kindergarten- Grade 2)
- Upper Elementary (Grades 3-5)