Hello! My name is Bridget Cooke and I have been a special ed and general ed classroom teacher for 16 years. I have taught preschool, kindergarten, first & second grades, and most recently fourth and fifth grade math. I understand that parents are confused by math these days, and I want to help. As an elementary student, I was great at doing math because I followed the “steps”. But I didn’t UNDERSTAND why I was doing any of them! Teaching math in the elementary grades has taught me how to use methods that make sense to kids, and will hopefully foster a love of math. For younger children, I try to use mostly hands-on work with manipulatives. As children get older and need to show their thinking through written methods, I focus more on organization, reasonable thinking, and the use of resources.
I KNOW all children can learn, but I know for sure it’s never in the same way or on the same day! Sometimes individual time is all that is needed to get over some challenges!
Note: While math is my focus these days, I am willing and able to tutor in reading and writing as well, especially for students in K-2 (where I have the most experience with literacy instruction).
75 per hour
- Address: Maryland 20853
- Experience (years teaching/tutoring) :16
- Educational History: Education Qualification: graduate Undergraduate College: James Madison University Undergraduate Major: Psychology Graduate College: University of Maryland Graduate Type Of Degree: Masters of Education in Early Childhood Special Education Second Graduate College: McDaniel College Second Graduate Type Of Degree: NA
What tutor enjoys knowing prior to session:
- Student’s academic needs (subject area)
- Student’s learning style
- Student’s interests - what do they like to do outside of school?
- Student’s grade/age
- Hourly Rate: $75
TUTOR PREFERS TO HAVE SESSIONS
- Students Location
Tutor prefers the following payment methods:
- Primary (Kindergarten- Grade 2)
- Upper Elementary (Grades 3-5)